Misdiagnosed Bone Fractures in Peachtree City
Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
Some of the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions in medical malpractice cases are bone fractures. Symptoms of bone fractures include bruising or swelling, intense pain, inability to put weight on the area and limited limb movement.
Often patients suffering from bone fractures are misdiagnosed by emergency room doctors as having sprains. If the patients are allowed to continue exercise and use on the misdiagnosed fracture, they could further injure themselves.
At Webb & Taylor, LLC, we understand how it can feel to have your trust broken by medical professional. If you’ve been further injured by misdiagnoses, our Peachtree City medical malpractice attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Why hire us?
- We have two registered nurses on staff
- 30 years of experience
- Board-certified by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Free initial consultation
Common Misdiagnosed Bone Fractures
There are many types of bone fractures, but we’ve compiled a list of the most common misdiagnosed bone fractures.
- Stress Fractures most commonly occur due to overuse or overtraining. Many athletes suffer from stress fractures. Stress fractures happen when overloaded muscles are no longer able to absorb the repeated impact. The overworked muscles then transfer the load to the bone and the result is a small crack. Stress fractures can be difficult to diagnose as they come slowly over time and are brought on by collective injuries over time.
- Talus Fractures are frequently the fractures that transpire when you think you have sprained your ankle. These fractures are caused by falling from a height and landing on your feet, horseback riding accidents, automobile accidents, or other impacts to the lower leg and foot. Talus Fractures can be misdiagnosed because the symptoms are so similar to sprains.
- Wrist Fractures are usually a result of catching yourself from a fall. Wrist fractures are another fracture that is frequently misdiagnosed because it’s symptoms are so similar to a sprain.
If you’ve suffered from further harm after a doctor failed to practice the medical standard of care and misdiagnosed your injury, you deserve justice. Our experienced Peachtree City injury lawyers can help you get the legal advice you need. With free case evaluations and two registered nurses on staff, you can rest assured you have a knowledgeable advocate on your side.
Contact us today — Call (770) 631-1811