Truck Accident Lawyer in Peachtree City
AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
There are many reasons why commercial trucks pose a significant danger to other drivers on the road:
- Commercial trucks weigh about 16 times what regular vehicles weigh. These massive rigs often weigh about 40 tons or 80,000 pounds — whereas the average automobile weighs around 5,000 pounds.
- 18-wheelers can also be around 70 – 80 feet in length, compared to average automobiles, which are only about 13 – 14 feet long.
- Commercial trucks need about 40% more time to come to a full stop than cars do,
- Truckers usually have much larger blind spots than drivers operating regular vehicles. These blind spots are called "no zones."
- The turning radius for a commercial truck is usually much larger than that of a regular automobile, with an average of 55 feet.
In light of these facts, it makes sense that a collision involving a commercial truck, will put the passengers of automobiles involved at a much higher risk of death or injury. Around 86% of all fatalities and 77% of all injuries in these types of accidents are sustained by the passengers and drivers of smaller automobiles involved.
If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident involving a big rig or 18-wheeler, get in touch with our Peachtree City & Atlanta personal injury attorneys at Webb & Taylor, LLC for dynamic, dedicated representation.
What can Webb & Taylor, LLC do for me?
Truck accidents have increased by about 10% since 1992. Fighting for the victims of these accidents is an important part of what we do at Webb & Taylor, LLC.
We believe that wealthy trucking companies should be very careful to protect others on the road by ensuring that their employees are well trained and their operations are in accordance with federal trucking regulations. Let us fight for you.
Contact Webb & Taylor, LLC at (770) 631-1811 and schedule your free initial consultation today.